Lesbians Out Loud
Lesbians Out Loud was a group for lesbians in and around the Croydon Area, active in the early 2000s.
Its aims were to:
- Provide support to the lesbian community in and around the Croydon area
- Help lesbians deal with their issues surrounding sexuality; health; discrimination; family rejection; domestic violence and other issues surrounding their lesbianism.
- Provide a safe environment for lesbians to socialise by organising different events from cultural to entertainment activities
- Where needed, provide a service of liaison between lesbians and other organisations to help them deal with their own individual issues
- To provide a range of resources to sustain our service, i.e. newsletter; website; monthly pub nights/activities; and contact address.
The group met monthly at the Bird of Pride, Sydenham Road (now the Bird in Hand).
Website (archived version from June 2003 via Web Archive): http://web.archive.org/web/20030620065945/http://www.lesbiansoutloud.org.uk/