From LGBT Archive
He was born in Slough, brought up in Wickford, Essex, and educated at the London School of Economics. He was Director of Strategy for Prime Minister Gordon Brown from 2007 to 2008. His entry in the Pink List 2008 said:
- "Briefly acknowledged as the most influential gay man in government when he arrived in No 10 after almost a decade as a trusted Brown adviser at the Treasury. But his tight relationship with the PM was shattered when Brown put City PR man Stephen Carter in charge of his "back office". Livermore has now moved to Saatchi & Saatchi."
- This article is a stub. You can help the UK LGBT History Project by expanding it.
- http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/the-iiosi-pink-list-2008-852032.html Pink List 2008.
- http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2013/10/07/gay-former-adviser-to-gordon-brown-appointed-labours-new-election-director/ "Gay former adviser to Gordon Brown appointed Labour’s new election director" Pink News 7 October 2013,
- London Gazette issue 61391, 27 October 2015.